Unclaimed Money WV: Have you ever thought that you could be the owner in West Virginia of unclaimed funds? Unclaimed property is a common problem in America. It can be from insurance policies, deceased relatives, or any other source.
According to the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA), there are more than $42 Billion of unclaimed property in America.
UnclaimedMoney’s easy search tool can help you find the money you are looking for in West Virginia.
What is Unclaimed Money?
Unclaimed funds are assets that the government declares abandoned, even though they have an identifiable owner. Problems arise when the owner, who is responsible for keeping the money, loses all contact with the owner for a period of time. This is known as the dormancy time, and it’s set by state statute. It varies from one state to the next and depends on what type of property.
What is the Unclaimed Money Value in West Virginia?
The unclaimed property in West Virginia was $308 million in 2.25 million accounts in 2020. You could be one of those people who has more than $100 in unclaimed assets.
What is Unclaimed Money in West Virginia?
The government may not claim certain types of personal property. These include tangible and intangible.
Intangible property is money that has not been cashed, taxes unrefunded, or any other type of property.
However, some types of property cannot be claimed.
These are the Reasons Money Goes Absent
People forget to take care of their property and abandon it. It happens all the time, even though it may seem strange.
You can also see other reasons people don’t claim their money.
- They forget all about their bank accounts
- Many people forget to notify the holder when they change their phone number or home address.
- Many people don’t know how they can reclaim money from a bank that has closed.
- People can’t claim their pensions if a company closes.
- They don’t realize that they are beneficiaries of the life insurance policy of a relative.
How to Find Unclaimed West Virginia Money by Yourself
It’s not as hard as it is in other states to find missing money in West Virginia. Since 2005, the West Virginia State Treasurer’s Office has dealt with unclaimed property. It returned $191 million to the rightful owners up to 2020.
You have three options to look for your money if you are located in WV.
- Via the online WV database
- You can also call the number.
- Via email
The WV Database can help you recover your lost money.
While most states use third-party websites like MissingMoney to search for their lost money, West Virginia has its own website for unclaimed property. Here are the steps to find your missing money on West Virginia’s website.
- Visit the official website of West Virginia’s State Treasurer
- Scroll down to see the Unclaimed Property section
- Click on Search
- Click on “Get Started”
- All information required
- To narrow down your search, fill in all fields
- Click on Search
- Tap on Claim to find your name
- Add the relationship to the property (if applicable, select the owner)
You’ll receive the property ID after you complete the final step. It’s important to keep it handy, so you can check the claim status.
Contact the West Virginia Treasury Unclaimed Money Department
It might be safer to contact the Treasury by phone in order to file a claim for missing money. These are the steps to contact WV Treasurer’s Office by phone:
- Call 1-800-642-8687
- Ask them for help in finding your unclaimed cash
- Continue following the instructions
For your unclaimed cash, send an email to the WV Treasury.
For all your questions and requests, the WV Treasury has an email address. Follow these steps to get your WV unclaimed funds:
- Send an email to let us know that you are interested in looking for unclaimed funds
- You can add information about yourself, such as your name and address.
- Send the email to email@example.com.
Other databases for searching your WV unclaimed money
You might not have enough time to search your unclaimed property online at the West Virginia Treasurer’s Office. Spread your search to other federal databases in order to be sure you have checked all possible WV unclaimed money lists.
UnclaimedMoney.info can help you claim your unclaimed money in West Virginia.
UnclaimedMoney makes it easy to claim forgotten assets using our Missing Money feature. Although you might not be able to get millions of dollars, it is often more than $100.
UnclaimedMoney allows you to search federal and state databases without using your Social Security number. This will increase your chances of finding the right thing for you.
Follow these steps to find your missing money.
- Register to access your account
- Click on the Missing Money button
- Please enter your personal information, such as your full name and any previous addresses
- When you locate your asset, tap on Claim My Property
Our app will file the Claim on your behalf and notify you once it has been processed. UnclaimedMoney can search for your assets across the U.S. even if you have moved.
UnclaimedMoney helps you deal with other bureaucratic issues.
UnclaimedMoney is a leader in the search for missing money. We can help you locate your assets in any state in the United States, including West Virginia.
UnclaimedMoney is more than just a way to find the missing money. You might find our services useful in dealing with bureaucratic issues every day.
You’re likely to have at least one parking ticket if you are based in West Virginia and own a car. UnclaimedMoney is able to appeal parking tickets in West Virginia quite successfully.