Unclaimed Money IL: There are more than 50 billion dollars unclaimed across the country. A large portion of this money is located in Illinois. You might be one of those lucky people who can claim a portion of this money. UnclaimedMoney can help you find out if this is true.
What is Unclaimed Money in IL
Unclaimed money is the same as any other state. It refers to funds that have been left unclaimed for a period of time, usually one to five years. The money will be given to Illinois if this occurs. The money is not owned by the state of Illinois. It is kept safe by the State Treasurer.
The state will return the money to the rightful owner or heir if they present the required documentation and evidence that the money is theirs. Illinois has more than $2 billion in unclaimed dollars. You can find out if it is yours by contacting us.
Is there a time limit for claiming abandoned assets in IL
You can take your time to claim what is rightfully yours here in Illinois. The state doesn’t put an expiration date on abandoned assets. Even if they were not known for years, you could still claim them without any problems.
Unclaimed money in Illinois: Use UnclaimedMoney
UnclaimedMoney is the best way to search for unclaimed funds that you own. But, this is not the only feature of our app. Claim My Property is a great way to claim assets you find.
Three simple steps will keep you from making a fortune in Illinois.
- Scroll down to find the Missing Money feature
- Enter your personal information, including your middle name.
You can also add any previous addresses to make the search more specific. UnclaimedMoney will not have problems finding any unclaimed assets with all these details.
UnclaimedMoney is able to help you find out how to search for unclaimed assets using a Social Security number. UnclaimedMoney can help you claim money from a relative who has died or how to recover unclaimed child support money.
How to Find Unclaimed Money In Illinois On Your Own
If you don’t like the time-consuming and complicated procedures, you can search for Illinois unclaimed funds by yourself. These are the steps to follow if you choose to do this:
- Visit the official website of the Illinois State Treasurer
- In the fields below, enter the following information:
- Last name
- First name
- ZIP code
- Property ID
- Click the Search button
Once you have viewed the results, click the Claim button next to the match that contains your name. You can also view your claim status by entering your Claim ID.
What is the best way to prevent money from going missing in Illinois?
Although it may seem strange to think that you might have money that you don’t know about, the reality is not uncommon.
The table below shows you how to avoid money going missing in the most common way.
How can money go missing?
There are ways to prevent it
- People die without naming an executor of their assets
- People decide to quit their job, but they don’t get their last paycheck.
- Banks make mistakes
- Refunds are not processed correctly
- A utility deposit is not returned to someone.
- People can move without notifying anyone or changing their addresses.
- An inheritance is not something that individuals are aware of.
- Regularly keeping track of your bank accounts and withdrawing cash regularly
- Responding to emails from banks and similar institutions
- Cashing checks every now & then
- Confide in certain people about your assets’ location
- Informing the appropriate institutions about any address changes
While it’s not difficult for money missing, it is possible to avoid it. Even with all your precautions, mistakes can happen. But you can trust UnclaimedMoney for the search and recovery of your money!
Illinois: Common Types of Property Not Claimed
There are many types of unclaimed property that can be claimed. The list below will help you determine what Illinois property is unclaimed.
- Account checking
- Mineral proceeds
- Checks for travellers
- Payroll checks not cashed
- Insurance proceeds for life
- Stock certificates that have not been cashed
- Insurance payments
- Utility deposits
- Customer deposits
- Uncashed death benefit checks
- Accounts payable
- Credit balances
- Savings accounts
- Uncashed stock dividends
- Money orders
- Court deposits
- Refund checks
UnclaimedMoney Assistance Helps You Fight Off Scammers
Are you fed up with robocalls and a cluttered email inbox? The majority of Americans are. UnclaimedMoney is here to help you get rid of annoying robocalls and text message spam.
Are you looking to serve justice to wronged companies or harassers who won’t let you get away? Our AI-driven app will help you fight for your rights!